What We Believe
12 Elements of Christian Orthodoxy
- There is only one true and living God.
- God created the world out of nothing.
- Humanity has a sinful nature.
- God is Father, Son, and Spirit.
- God sent Jesus into the world.
- Jesus was truly human and truly divine, born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on a cross for the sins of the world, and was raised from the dead on the third day.
- Father and Son poured out their Spirit on the followers of Jesus at Pentecost.
- Salvation is granted by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.
- The Spirit guides the church and empowers the church in God’s mission.
- The Church preaches the Gospel and observes the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Jesus will return to earth and complete his work in the future.
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God without any mixture of error.
For more information on our church doctrine read The Baptist Faith & Message click here